Thursday, January 25, 2018

January 25

JOURNAL TOPIC:
I’ve been thinking about the epigraph (gold hat, bouncing etc.).  The way I read it in class, it seemed superficial. But as I reflect, there is something beautiful, noble even, about wanting to meet the needs of another person so thoroughly. What do you think?  Is the sentiment expressed in the epigraph good or bad advice?

AGENDA:
1. Journal
2. Keep reading - I heard that period 2 wanted to read together (thanks Leslie & Esme!) and I think think that’s a great idea. I put the chairs back into groups so that you can organize as a class or smaller reading / working groups.
3. Today’s Wednesday, so if you have any “life after high school” stuff to work on (job/scholarship applications, college research etc.) please do it.

REQUEST:
Please comment to this post and let me know (a) What page you’re on in the book and (b) what you think so far— include any questions you have.

9 comments:

  1. I'm on page 17 and it is talking about nick . The setting takes place in the 1920's

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m on page 31 and Tom’s other girl is introduced.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom is cheating on Daisy with Myrtle Wilson, 🤐 Pg. 33

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m in page 13. Why is daisy at the bachanans and is she his cousin or sister??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm on page 20 and the book gives me this anxious feeling because i'm waiting to read what happens next

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im on page 16 and i feel regret for commenting since i read some spoilers 😭

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm on page 18
    Kinda seemed racist on page 17

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm on page 21, Daisy just met Nick. She asked Nick why he did not go to her wedding? But Nick was at war at that time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm on page 20. So far everything's been calm but some moments had me anxious. The narrator, Nick, is pulling the reader in with the setting and background information, so it makes me want to know what's going to happen next.

    ReplyDelete

thank you

As often as I say it, I feel like I don't say it often enough: Thank You. Thank you for your effort, your insight, your willingness...