Monday, November 6, 2017

résumé objectives

Here are templates and examples for the three types of objectives we discussed in class:

1. FOR A SCHOLARSHIP

(template)
To win the [AMOUNT/NAME OF SCHOLARSHIP] Scholarship that will help me pay my tuition at [NAME OF SCHOOL] where I will earn my degree in [MAJOR/FIELD] and realize my dream of [CAREER/ACCOMPLISHMENT].

(example)
To win the $1000 Santa Maria Chamber of Commerce Scholarship that will help me pay my tuition at the University of California Los Angeles, where I will earn my degree in Biology and realize my dream of curing Asthma.

2. FOR A JOB

(template)
To apply my experience in [SKILL] and my knowledge of [FIELD] as a [JOB TITLE] at [COMPANY].

(example)
To apply my experience in customer service and my knowledge of cosmetics as a Makeup Guru at Sephora.

3. FOR UNIVERSITY ADMISSION

(template)
To apply my passion for [FIELD/MAJOR] as a student at [NAME OF SCHOOL] in order to earn my degree and become a [CAREER TITLE].

(example)
To apply my passion for law as a student at Harvard University in order to earn my degree and become an environmental attorney.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you

As often as I say it, I feel like I don't say it often enough: Thank You. Thank you for your effort, your insight, your willingness...