Wednesday, April 11, 2018

period 6 ignite talks

Andres: [something vague about music]

Pablo: What am I going to do after high school?  I started thinking about firefighting but now I want to become an orthodontist.  I have relatives in the field and I enjoy learning from them.  I found a college in Boise, Idaho.

Churro: If you're passionate about something it should always be on your mind.  I love music, and my Big Question is: Why do we want to be good at something but then abandon it and choose something else?  I started playing piano, but I stopped and played other instruments.  How can I stick [TIME]

Philip: How can I get scouted for my talent in baseball and play at the next level?  I am trying to use a highlight tape to get into college.

Aliza: Why is Finland's education system better than ours?

Orlando: Why is music so attractive?  I think it's because of the beats and the rhythms.

Desttiny: The government doesn't really help with homeless people.  How can we help?

Janet: Why do people have nightmares?  Sometimes it can be due to death or trauma.  I started learning about dreams over Spring Break

Maria: After high school will I go to university?  Will I become a vet or a medical assistant?

Jennifer: My big question is about art and how it gives us ideas.  Sometimes I look at the details of a mural and it gets me thinking.

Ernie: How do I become an English teacher?  I am passionate about writing.  I'm writing a book, and I like writing about my perspectives about the world.

Maricarmen: Why do we see young kids worrying about love?  My neighbor is a little kid and she came up to me crying about sometone she only knew for two days.

Gricelda: Why do I want to be a surgeon?  Since I was small I wanted to be in the medical field but I didn't know why.  This helped me get clear on why I want to help people and change lives.  I am currently working at the hospital as an intern.

Alexis: We all know friendship is important.  Friends improve our lives and help us make better choices.  They increase our satisfaction with life and reduce our risk for depression.

Carlos: How can I become a professional BMX rider?  I like street biking (and falling off) -- and I'm talking about this because when I see people doing unbelievable tricks it inspires me, and I want to inspire others.  I'm passionate about this.

Rafael: How can I be a better football player?  I want to get better because I like winning and I want to help my team win and .

Gabriel: How can I do better on final exams?  I care about this because last year a final exam cost me an 'A' and I want to get the best grades I can.  Also, other students don't do as well as they want -- a friend of mine always had straight As and a final cost him.

Anthony: Free will is choosing what we want.  Do we really have free will?  We need more choices

Claudia: Why do we have to do homework?  When it comes to going home, students try but get stressed out.  I don't like doing homework but I do it to make my parents proud.

Analuisa: Should school offer cash bonuses for tests?  If students do well they should earn money.  Maybe the money should be earmarked for colleges so that students can invest in their own futures.  Some say this is a bribe but others open

Monica: Why is it necessary to take history, English, or math?  Why can't school offer classes in subjects we like?

Caren:

Bryan: What would the world be like without religion? Several wars and ISIS would not have happened, and that makes me curious.

Diana: Why can some people sing and some people can't?  I love to sing, and I asked my friend -- she said that sometimes it comes naturally and some people get coaching.

Carlota: How does technology change our language over time?  I see people change nouns into verbs -- like 'Googling' and using initials.

Natalia: If we're the only planet with people on it, what if there is another dimension with an Earth that has people on it?  Are they our dopplegangers, or are they different?

Yolanda: Is there an afterlife, and if there is, what's after that?  What if we all already died, and God sends us back-- when does that struggle end?  How do people know there's heaven or hell?  No one has ever gone there and come back to tell the story, and that makes me curious.

Kimberly:

Daniel: My topic is the planets in our solar system.  I have always wanted to learn about planets.  What are they made of?  Why can't we live there?  What would it take to travel to them?

Yaquelin: What would it take to inhabit Mars?  I got curious about this when I studied the space race between the USA and the USSR.  Astronauts would go different places to see how it would impact their health.  I started researching this more.

Axel: How can I become a NASCAR driver?  There are so many systems that make a car run.  My dad taught me how to fix cars and do oil changes, and I want to learn more.


1 comment:

  1. My ignite talk was improvised. I was going to go with other topic but I would probably offend people with them, oh well.

    ReplyDelete

thank you

As often as I say it, I feel like I don't say it often enough: Thank You. Thank you for your effort, your insight, your willingness...