Monday, March 26, 2018

march 27

JOURNAL TOPIC: [today's tunes: "Take Five" by Dave Brubeck; "Bird Feathers" by Charlie Parker]

I have lots of questions this morning, and I can't decide which I like asking the best.  So, you're going to have to decide which one(s) you like answering the best:


  • What is Jazz?  Why is this oeuvre considered uniquely American?  (Feel free to look online for this one.)
  • Several Charlie Parker songs have "Bird" in the title.  As you listen to his music, explain why you think the image of a bird fits. (Is the bird flying or has it landed?)
  • In the beginning of Fahrenheit 451, the burning books are portrayed as birds.  Why do you think this imagery is apt?  
AGENDA:
1. Journal/discussion
2. Table reading with questions

1 comment:

  1. My cognitive dissonance will be rewarded?? How will it be rewarded

    ReplyDelete

thank you

As often as I say it, I feel like I don't say it often enough: Thank You. Thank you for your effort, your insight, your willingness...